We are thrilled about this tried and true family favorite dip that our team has taken a healthier twist on: Spinach and Artichoke Dip! We made it dairy free (if you use vegan parmesan) with a "cheesy" cream sauce made out of Creamy Cashew Butter, cashew milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, seasonings and more. It really is such a treat that we cannot get enough of! Let us know if you try out this delicious recipe.
10oz artichokes (1 cup), diced and drained
10oz of frozen spinach (1 cup), thawed and dried well
1/2 yellow onion, diced finely
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp vegan butter
1/2 cup Georgia Grinders Creamy Cashew Butter
1 cup nut milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic (or to taste)
1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
pepper to taste
paprika to top the dip with before baking
juice of 1/2 large lemon
1 cup shredded parmesan (can use plant-based for dairy free)
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Chop and drain the marinated artichoke hearts and spinach and place in an oven safe bowl.
3. Heat up the vegan butter in a pan on the stove and sauté the onions and the minced garlic until translucent. Add the sautéed onions, garlic and leftover butter to the dish with the spinach and artichokes.
4. Place the Georgia Grinders Creamy Cashew Butter, nut milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and seasonings in a food processor and blend until a "cheesy" sauce combines. You can taste it here and add more seasonings to your preference!
5. Add the "cheesy" sauce to the oven safe dish and mix everything well. Top with parmesan (plant-based or regular), paprika for coloring, cover the dish, and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Uncover the dip and put the oven on broil. Broil for about 3-5 minute until a bubbly crust forms.
7. Get your favorite chips, crackers, and veggies to enjoy this healthier take on Spinach Artichoke dip.
Inspiration: We used @matcha_and_margs recipe for inspiration for this creation.