Bourbon Pecan Sweet Potato CasseroleIngredients:
4 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup chocolate bourbon pecan butter
2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (or regular if not dairy-free)
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1 teaspoon each: ash of cinnamon + paprika + sea salt to taste
1/2-1 cup vegan parmesan cheese
1/2 cup candied pecans, chopped/crushed handful of fresh sage or parsley, chopped
1. Set oven to 400 F. Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork and roast for about 45 minutes. Or pierce with a fork and heat in the microwave for about 5-7 minutes, until soft. Roasting will add extra flavor but microwave version works if short on time.
2. Once sweet potatoes are done, set aside to cool. Reduce oven to 350 F and spray an 8x8 baking dish with olive oil spray.
3. Whisk together maple syrup, bourbon pecan butter, bourbon, vegan butter and canned coconut milk. Set aside.
4. Slice sweet potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher until fully mashed. Pour in the wet ingredients, cinnamon, paprika and sea salt.
5. Once completely mixed, spread into baking dish and top with parmesan then candied pecans. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes and enjoy immediately with fresh herbs of choice
Recipe by Selena @thenutritiouskitchen
Back to Savory Recipes