1 15 oz. can of white beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Sea salt + pepper to taste
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon Georgia Grinders Original Almond Butter
1/4 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons olive oil, for pan-frying
Savory Almond Dip
1/2 cup Georgia Grinders Original Almond Butter
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 2 small lemons
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt + pepper to taste
1/2 cup plain nut milk or cold water
Cucumber Salad (optional)
4 small cucumbers, diced finely
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
sea salt + pepper to taste
1. First prep the falafel fritters by placing all ingredients except olive oil into a food processor. Blend until smooth but still a little chunky. The batter will be thick! Form batter into small balls and flatten into 2-inch patties.
2. Pan Fry: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add falafel fritters and pan-fry for about 4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
3. Bake: Alternatively, you can place the falafel patties on a large parchment-lined tray and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Set oven to broil for 2 minutes at the end to get extra crispy.
4. Prepare the almond butter dip by placing all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth, taste, and adjust seasonings/lemon juice as needed.
5. To make the cucumber salad, toss all ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve with falafel fritters and almond butter dip and enjoy!
Servings: makes about 10-12 falafels
Recipe by Selena- @thenutritiouskitchen
Back to Savory Recipes