- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP ground flaxseed +3 TBSP filtered water)
- 1 ¼ cup natural almond flour
- ½ cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 cup Georgia Grinders Hazelnut Butter
- 1 TBSP orange juice (½ orange squeezed)
- Zest from 1 orange (optional)
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts, whole
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together your flax egg and allow to gel for 5-10 minutes.
- Next, add the almond flour, coconut sugar, hazelnut butter, fresh squeezed orange, and optional orange zest and mix well to combine. The dough should be pretty thick. If it’s too stiff, add an extra squeeze of orange. If it’s too runny, add a little bit more almond flour.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop dough into ~1.5 TBSP balls onto the parchment paper. Flatten the balls slightly with your hands. Place three whole hazelnuts in a circular pattern in the center of each cookie. Press down slightly with your hands to secure them.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until they’re golden brown underneath and slightly brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to set before eating. Cookies will appear soft and undercooked when removed from the oven and will firm up after cooling.
- Store leftover cookies in the fridge for 5-7 days and freeze for long term storage.
Recipe by Lauren at Flora&Vino
Back to Dessert Recipes