3/4 cup cashew butter or pecan peanut butter
1 cup dark chocolate chunks/chips
1/4 cup coconut oil or vegan butter
1/2 cup date syrup or maple syrup
2 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
sea salt to taste
Optional: 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup dairy-free chocolate buttercream or melted chocolate
1/4 cup crushed peppermint chips
1/4 cup crushed pretzels
1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 baking tray with parchment and set it aside
2. First, place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a large microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second increments. Once fully melted, whisk then add in the pecan peanut butter, maple syrup and egg. Blend with a hand blender or whisk until smooth. Mix in the cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt until a batter forms.
3. Fold in the chocolate chunks and spread out onto the baking tray evenly. 4. Bake for 15-18 minutes, careful not to overbake! They may seem underbaked in the middle and that's okay. Let the brownies cool for at least 30 minutes. You can also place in the fridge to continue chilling.
5. Once completely chilled, frost with chocolate buttercream or spread with melted chocolate. Top with crushed peppermint and pretzels. Slice into squares and enjoy!
6. Brownies stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days
Recipe by Selena @thenutritiouskitchen
Back to Dessert Recipes