We are all about the fun, seasonal recipes here at Georgia Grinders! We like to put our own healthier twist on some of them, while still maintaining that delicious, reminiscent taste that some of our favorite treats have. This recipe was made in collaboration with Joolie's Dates. If you do not have date syrup on hand, use 1 cup of coconut sugar on the bottom layer and no liquid sweetener. For the middle layer, use one tbsp of maple syrup instead. Grab all of the festive sprinkles and candies and get baking! This recipe is quick and easy to make and can be made year round with any seasonal topping adjustments (orange sprinkles for Halloween, pink and red sprinkles for Valentine's Day, etc.). We hope you love it!
35-40 Saltine crackers (can use gluten-free if needed; any crackers work)
Festive sprinkles and candy
1 cup vegan butter (the whole pack of Miyoko's Creamery butter if using)
3/4 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp Joolie's Original Date Syrup
1/3 cup Georgia Grinders Creamy Peanut Butter
1 tbsp Joolie's Original Date Syrup
2 cups dairy free chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life Foods)
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the Saltine crackers into lines.
3. Put all of the ingredients for the bottom layer into a saucepan and put on medium-low heat. Stir frequently until everything is melted. Allow everything to come to a boil, while still stirring frequently. Once everything begins boiling, let it boil for 3 minutes without touching. Remove from the pan after three minutes and spread evenly on top of the crackers.
5. Put the toffee covered crackers into the oven for five minutes.
6. Remove the toffee covered crackers from the oven and let sit in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool.
7. While cooling, put the peanut butter and date syrup in a bowl in the oven for 30 seconds.
8. Remove toffee covered crackers from the fridge and spread the melted peanut butter and date syrup mixture on top of the toffee.
9. Pour the chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter layer and add back into the oven for around 1 minute.
10. Remove baking sheet from oven and spread chocolate evenly over the crackers.
11. Add your festive toppings, candies, etc.
12. Place baking sheet in the fridge to harden for around 2 hours. Take out, crack everything into pieces and ENJOY!
Back to Dessert Recipes