Vegan Peanut Butter Mochi Muffins (gluten-free)
2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water)
1 can full-fat coconut milk (well shaken)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup Georgia Grinders creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp vegan butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups Mochiko sweet rice flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (more if pb is not salted)
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tin very well.
2. In a large bowl, make the flax egg by combining the ground flaxseed and water. Mix and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
3. In a medium bowl, add the sweet rice flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
4. In the bowl with the flax eggs, add the coconut milk, brown sugar, peanut butter, vegan butter, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
5. Add dry ingredients to the wet. Whisk until well combined. Divide batter into muffin tin, filling the tins all the way up. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until tops are golden brown and set. Let muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Pro Tip: Best when eaten fresh, but you can store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Microwave for a few seconds when you want to eat them.
Recipe By Valeria- @nutsaboutgreens