You are guaranteed to have a good day when you start the day with funfetti and colorful sprinkles! This healthy oatmeal bake is super soft and loaded with a deliciously natural birthday cake flavor. It is protein-packed, vegan and gluten-free and pairs perfectly with our Creamy Cashew Butter on top. All you need is a baking dish and the ingredients listed below and you've got a wonderful breakfast prep for the week. This recipe was made by our friend Claire of the Secretly Healthy Home blog.
2 Medium Overripe Bananas (1 Cup Mashed Banana) (See notes for substitutions)
2 Cups Rolled Oats
2 Scoops (about ½ Cup) Vanilla Plant Based Protein Powder (See notes for sub options)
1 Cup Plant Based Milk (or Milk of Choice) + 1¼ Cup Water
1½ tsp Almond Extract
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Naturally Colored Sprinkles
Opt: Dash Pink Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a 2 quart baking pan mash the banana with the back of a fork. Add all other ingredients except sprinkles into baking dish and stir until mixture is combined.
3. Gently stir in sprinkles. Place in the oven to bake at 350 F. for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
4. Let baked oatmeal cool for a few minutes or until set and serve with Creamy Cashew Butter on top.
5. Store in the fridge for up to a week and enjoy a premade healthy breakfast all week long!
1. Liquid: You can use any liquid of choice for this recipe. Claire uses a combination of plain unsweetened almond milk and water to make the oats thick and creamy.
2. Any plant based protein powder works! If you’re using unflavored or unsweetened protein powder, Claire suggests adding honey or maple syrup to taste. She does not recommend using whey protein powder because it can cause a chewy, almost crispy texture.
3. Don’t have bananas? You can sub the banana with ½ Cup of your favorite yogurt or 1 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce.