- 1 cup plant-based butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar light if you have it otherwise dark will work
- ¼ cup applesauce plain
- ¾ cup Georgia Grinders peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
Beat in the applesauce, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
Dissolve the baking soda in hot water and then add it to the batter.
Stir in the flour and mix until a dough forms.
To Make Truffles:
Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place in freezer.
Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or microwave. Remove peanut butter cookie dough balls from freezer and using two forks, dip each into the chocolate and spin to coat. Work fast because the chocolate hardens.
Place on a sheet and freeze until the chocolate hardens completely and they are ready to serve.