Crispy Brussel Sprouts Salad with Maple Almond Dressing
16 ounces shaved brussel sprouts
3 medium apples, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt to taste
1/3 cup fresh pomegranates
1/3 cup candied walnuts
Optional toppings: vegan feta crumbles, goat cheese, bacon crumbles
Maple Almond Dressing:
1/2 cup maple almond butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard, water to thin
sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a large baking tray with parchment or spray with cooking spray. Toss together the brussel sprouts and slices apples with olive oil and sea salt then spread out on baking sheet.
2. Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes until apples are softened and shaved brussels are slightly crisp.
3. Place in a large salad bowl and top with pomegranates, walnuts and optional toppings.
4. Male the dressing by blending the maple almond butter, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard.
Add a touch of cold water then blend. Slowly add in more water to thin out until desired consistency is reached.
5. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss and enjoy!
Recipe by Selena @thenutritiouskitchen