1 cup Georgia Grinders peanut butter
1/2 cup date syrup (or raw honey)
1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
2 cups cornflake cereal
Sea salt to taste
1.5 cups dark chocolate chunks + 2 teaspoons coconut oil melted
1. Line an 8x8 baking tray with parchment and set aside. Place cornflake cereal and sea salt in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Heat peanut butter, date syrup and coconut sugar in a skillet over medium heat. Whisk until a glaze forms after about a minute then remove from heat. It will resemble a caramel texture!
3. Pour glaze into cornflake mixture and mix until a dough forms. Press into the parchment lined tray with a frosting spatula or large spoon and spread evenly. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
4. While the butterfingers are freezing, melt the dark chocolate with coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments. Stir in-between, careful not to burn chocolate!
5. After one hour, take the bars out of the freezer and cut into 12 mini squares. Using a fork, dip each bar into the melted dark chocolate bowl then place on a parchment sheet. Repeat until bars are used up.
Chill the bars in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour until the chocolate hardens. Enjoy! *Bars stay fresh in the fridge in an airtight container up to 5 days. Or store in the freezer up to 3 months
Recipe by Selena @thenutritiouskitchen