Typical chicken satays are made with a base of peanut butter (which we love), but we also love this recipe which makes Chicken Satay enjoyable for those on their Whole30 journeys or who may be allergic to peanut butter. Make sure to soak your skewers in water for 30 minutes before adding your chicken so that they do not burn under the flame. Enjoy!
For the skewers:
2 pounds chicken breast
For the sauce:
1/2 cup Georgia Grinders Original Almond Butter
1 tsp ginger
3 tbsp Whole30 Approved Teriyaki Sauce or coconut aminos
1 tsp minced garlic
Squeeze lime juice
1. Preheat grill to 400 degrees or use a non-stick indoor grill. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
2. Soak skewers in water for about an hour. Add 4-5 pieces of chicken per skewer.
3. In a blender, combine all sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Set aside half the sauce to use as a dipping sauce.
4. Brush the remaining half of the sauce on each skewer. Place skewers on grill and grill for 5-6 minutes each side, flipping once or twice, until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.
5. Once cooked through, remove from heat. Serve alongside extra dipping sauce.
This wonderful recipe was created by our friend Addison from @organicallyaddison on Instagram and www.organicallyaddison.com.