1/2 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic (jarred)
4 turkey bacon strips, diced finely
1 lb. chicken breast, diced (or pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped)
8 ounces broccoli florets
Sea salt + pepper to taste
3 cups cooked wild rice *****You can also substitute Cauliflower Rice to make this recipe Whole30 compliant****
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
sea salt + pepper to taste
1. Heat a large cast iron or skillet pan over medium high heat with some of olive oil. Add the finely diced bacon and cook until crispy, about 10 minutes. We like to cover the pan and every few minutes sauté/flip.
2. Add in the onion + garlic, plus more olive oil if needed and continue to sauté a few minutes until fragrant. Add the diced chicken breast and cook about 4 minutes per side. Season with sea salt and pepper.
3. Then add in the broccoli florets and cook for about 4 minutes, careful not to overcook or the broccoli or else it gets soggy! Stir in the cooked wild rice OR cauliflower rice, cover and set to low heat.
4. Make the sauce by blending all cashew sauce ingredients. Add a little more nut milk if needed. Stir in some sauce to the mixture until creamy.
5. Top with optional herbs of choice and enjoy!
Recipe by Selena @thenutritiouskitchen