A salad so refreshing and dreamy, you surely won't believe its Whole30 Approved! The coconut shrimp paired with the sweet, almond butter dressing is just what your menu is calling for. You can add whichever salad toppings you like -- the options are endless. We hope you love this one!
For the shrimp:
1 lb large shrimp; tail on
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup shredded coconut
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp onion powder
1 ½ tsp paprika
For the salad:
5 cups chopped kale
½ cup red cabbage, chopped
½ cup shredded carrots
1 medium sized English cucumber, chopped
1 sliced avocado
Your favorite roasted nuts for topping (optional)
Cilantro for topping
For the dressing:
1/4 cup Georgia Grinders Original Almond Butter
1/4 cup coconut milk; canned (full fat)
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
¼ cup coconut aminos
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon orange juice, fresh squeezed
½ - ½ tsp red pepper flakes depending on spice preference, can add more to taste
¼ sea salt, can add more to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Add the beaten eggs to a shallow bowl and add the coconut shreds + seasonings to another shallow bowl.
3. Dip each piece of shrimp into the beaten eggs, coat, and then coat in the bowl with the coconut shreds + seasonings.
4. Top with additional paprika, add to a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for around 10 minutes. This can also be done in the air fryer if you have one.
5. While the shrimp is cooking, combine all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth.
6. Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
7. When the shrimp is done, let cool and add dressing to the salad if you are eating right away. If not, make sure to dress when you plan to eat the salad.
Combine all ingredients and enjoy the delicious mix of flavors.