Sweet Potato Nachos
3 large sweet potatoes (long)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon each: garlic powder, paprika, ground cumin & taco seasoning
Sea salt + pepper to taste
1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 15 oz. can pinto beans, rinsed & drained 1/2 cup pico de gallo salsa
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
handful of fresh cilantro
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup Georgia Grinders cashew butter
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons chipotle adobe sauce (from the can)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 tablespoon jarred minced garlic or 2 cloves minced
1/2 cup plain nut milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking tray with a slipmat or parchment. Set aside.
2. Slice the sweet potatoes into thin rounds. Place on the baking tray and toss with olive oil and spices until well mixed. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through so both sides get cooked well.
3. While the potatoes bake, make the cashew queso by blending all ingredients in a high powdered blender until smooth. Add in more nut milk if needed to thin out. The texture should be creamy like a dip.
4. Once potatoes are done, take them out of the oven and reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Top sweet potatoes with beans, pico de gallo and red onion. Drizzle with dollops of cashew queso evenly, leaving a little extra for serving. Place back in the oven and bake for about 10- 15 minutes (test).
5. Top diced jalapeno, avocado and fresh cilantro. Serve with extra cashew queso sauce and enjoy immediately!
Recipe by Selena from @thenutritiouskitchen