Salted Pecan Caramel Cups (makes 6 large pecan caramel cups)Pecan Caramel Cookie Dough Layer
1/2 cup pecan butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 cup almond flour
Sea salt + cinnamon to taste
Pecan Caramel Layer
1/4 cup pecan butter
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup date syrup or maple syrup
2 cups dark chocolate chips
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners and set aside.
2. First prep the chocolate layer by melting the chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments. Careful not to burn! Mix until a glaze forms.
3. Pour half the chocolate glaze into each muffin tin, fulling up half way. Place in the freezer.
4. Make the cookie dough layer by mixing all ingredients in a bowl until a dough forms. Set aside. Salted Pecan Caramel Cups 2
5. Prep the caramel layer by melting the pecan butter, coconut oil and date syrup in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk until a caramel glaze forms.
6. Take out the muffin tin then layer each tin with a spoonful of the cookie dough layer until used up. Then drizzle over caramel. You will have some leftover!
7. Then pour over remaining chocolate, top with some sea salt and place back in the freezer for 1 hour until the cups harden. Enjoy!!
Recipe by @thenutritiouskitchen
Back to Dessert Recipes