For The Jelly:
- 1 Container fresh strawberries
- ½ lemon
- 1 tsp ground chia seeds (can also use whole)
- 1 medjool date
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For The Ice Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 7-9 medjool dates
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Georgia Grinders Creamy Peanut Butter - plus extra for peanut butter swirls
Optional For The Peanut Butter Shell Topping:
- 1 tbsp Coconut butter, or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Georgia Grinders Creamy PB
- Begin by soaking the dates and cashews together in a large bowl for at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- While the dates and cashews are soaking, make the strawberry jelly. Roughly chop the strawberries and add to a small saucepan along with the lemon juice, vanilla extract, date, and ground chia seeds. Cook for about five minutes, or until the strawberries break down. If you want a smooth jelly you can blend it in a blender. I left mine chunky.
- Let the jelly sit for about an hour, or overnight.
- To make the ice cream, begin by straining the cashews and dates (I like to save this water and add it to my smoothies and oatmeal, because it’s naturally sweet from the dates!).
- Add the strained cashews and dates to a blender along with the coconut milk, vanilla extract, and Georgia Grinders Creamy Peanut Butter. Blend on high for at least 1 minute. I blended for a full 2 minutes just to be safe.
- Once smooth and creamy, pour into an ice cream maker. Churn for 35-40 minutes, or until it resembles soft serve ice cream.
- Scoop half of the ice cream into a metal dish (you can use a brownie pan, loaf pan, cake pan etc.). Add in dollops of half the jelly and about a tablespoon of peanut butter. Use a chopstick, or knife to make swirls. Repeat this step.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours to firm up. Top with peanut butter shell and enjoy!